Home is where real life happens whether it’s your kids running through the kitchen on a rainy day or an elderly relative slipping on a dusty floor, accidents do happen.
Thanks to our wide range of non-slip flooring options, though, the risk of slips and falls can be dramatically reduced. With our anti-slip floor tiles, we provide reliable safety at home without you ever sacrificing style or wider practicality.
Suitable for a range of environments in and around the home, our extensive anti-slip tiles range is sure to offer the perfect non-slip tiling solution, regardless of the size, layout or design of your living space. Boasting a refined aesthetic and an unrivalled practicality, this stunning selection of non-slip flooring solutions proves why Tiles Direct is your one-stop-shop for tiles and tiling accessories.
What are non-slip floor tiles?
The clue’s in the name! In short, non-slip floor tiles provide the same great durability and style as regular tiles, but with extra grip achieved through the careful texturing of the material surface.
This surface is specifically designed to provide more traction underfoot and is assigned a slip rating that conveys the level of resistance to slipping it provides. Most commonly in the UK this is listed as an ‘R rating’.
An R rating is determined by a subject walking on an oiled surface at an increasing angle until they slip. This process is repeated multiple times to collect the average angle at which a slip occurs. This average angle ultimately dictates the overall R rating - meaning the higher the R rating, the greater the resistance to slips.
Non-slip tiles are perfect for both residential and commercial environments due to their effortless reinforcement of health and safety.
In terms of choosing the right tiles for your project, tiles with lower R ratings will provide the required slip resistance around the home. For instance, R9 anti-slip tiles are fine for use in areas where the floor is rarely wet. But, it’s recommended to opt for R10 and R11 non-slip floor tiles in bathrooms, kitchens and any other environment regularly exposed to water.
Why choose non-slip floor tiles?
Non-slip floor tiles boast an array of functional and stylistic advantages, including:
- Assured safety: most accidents occur in the home, but by fitting designer anti-slip floor tiles in your house, you can ensure you and your family are safeguarded underfoot against unnecessary and painful falls in areas where moisture is common, all while introducing some contemporary style to any room
- Minimal maintenance: from muddy footprints to spills and leaks, your flooring is going to be exposed to a whole range of tests across its lifespan. Luckily, our non-slip tiles boast minimal maintenance, requiring nothing more strenuous than a regular sweep and mop to stay glistening all year round
- Hard-wearing properties: in areas of heavy foot traffic in and around your home, you need your flooring to be able to withstand more than a little wear and tear. From porcelain to natural stone, our non-slip tiling materials provide unrivalled durability to ensure they’re perfectly poised to withstand day-to-day use in the years ahead
- Effortless aesthetics: no matter what your interior approach is, you can rest assured that there’s a non-slip floor tile to perfectly complement your interior or exterior environment. From traditional to contemporary and everything in between, we stock an array of shapes, sizes, colours and finishes to ensure you can achieve your desired aesthetic in any room
Our non-slip tile colour range
Colour has a crucial part to play in curating your dream home interior. Just because you have an eye on safety doesn’t mean you have to limit your colour choice.
At Tiles Direct, we have a broad spectrum of colours within our anti-slip tiles collection, including:
- Black: combine safety and glamour with black non-slip floor tiles. Perfect for recreating
- a luxury hotel-style, non-slip bathroom tiles effortlessly add a touch of drama to practical spaces
- Blue: give your home a fresh feel with any one of our blue coloured non-slip tile designs, perfect for curating a classic look in bathrooms
- Brown: from delicate beige and sandy hues to rich, dark woody tones, brown non-slip tiles don’t have to mean boring - they can beautifully depict a rustic, natural aesthetic in kitchens, bathrooms and even outside
- Cream: whether you keep the rest of the colour palette simple and light or add flourishes of vibrant shades, cream floor tiles with anti-slip properties provide a timeless and versatile base colour
- Grey: with countless shades of grey in our anti-slip tiles collection, you’re sure to find the perfect tone to give your home an elegant, calming and chic finish, be that in your bathroom, bedroom or hallway
- White: complementing almost any colour, white non-slip floor tiles are right at home in high-end bathrooms and ultra-modern kitchens, providing that clean and sleek look every day of the week
Non-slip floor tiles materials and finishes
Who says you have to sacrifice style for practicality? At Tiles Direct, we offer non-slip ceramic floor tiles, as well as porcelain and stone tiling options. Each available in a range of styles and colours as unique and varied as your tastes, we're confident you'll find just the right non-slip tile for your project.
- Porcelain: incredibly hard and durable, porcelain non-slip tiles can see you through decades of footfall and still remain in brilliant condition. For a classic look that combines fashion with function, you can't go wrong with hard technical porcelain tiles found in our Salt Tech range. With a smooth R10 slip rating, these neutral coloured tiles can be used inside and outside your home
- Ceramic: slightly less dense than porcelain, ceramic anti-slip tiles still promote exceptional strength and durability as a flooring solution, as well as affordability. Whether you want to replicate the look of traditional natural stone or a more modern style, you’ll find plenty of non-slip ceramic tiles options to bring your designs to life
- Wood: if you need non-slip tiles but prefer the appearance of natural wood, you’ll love our anti-slip tiles that come with a faux wood finish. Ideal for kitchens, hallways and conservatories, these tiles mimic the appearance of natural wood and are available in a range of natural tones, effortlessly blending in with any established colour scheme
- Stone: enjoy the beauty of natural stone with the benefit of safety in bathrooms, kitchens and more with our choice of stone and stone-look anti-slip tiles. From the attractive detailing of slate to the delicate flecks in terrazzo non-slip tiles, you’ll find ample stone designs to choose from
- Quarry: made from crushed minerals, clay and feldspar, quarry tiles have a unique set of practical properties that make them incredibly hard, non-porous and anti-slip. As a result, rustic-style quarry tiles deliver a reliable and safe flooring solution for bathrooms and kitchens and are even suitable for use outside the home
- Pattern: if you want to inject some colour and pattern without compromising on practicality, some of our patterned tiles come with the right credentials. For example, the matt, non-slip versions of our Scintilla tiles range with an aged finish and star design are a stellar choice. Alternatively, curate a decorative yet rustic feel with antique-look encaustic patterned tiles that are perfect for creating vintage-style floors with built-in grip in bathrooms, kitchens, hallways and more
- Matt: most of our non-slip tiles feature a matt finish that gives them a slightly textured look and finish for better grip. This isn’t their only benefit: matt tiles can help give spaces added depth with their dull, flat surface, lending a chic and contemporary finish for your home. For instance, our range of stylish Salt & Pepper tiles are perfect for wetter areas. Their unique slip-resistant structure offers superior grip, with colour options including cream, black and grey, meaning this range is sure to complement an array of interior styles.
- Gloss: you aren't limited to just matt finish tiles with our non-slip tile range. We have several options (including some in our stunning Peronda Tiles collection) that have an anti-slip polished finish, giving you added sheen without losing any grip underfoot
Non-slip floor tile shapes and sizes
On top of our colours and finishes, we also stock anti-slip tiles in a variety of shapes and sizes, which include:
- Square: square-shaped tiles form the bulk of our anti-slip tiles collection, giving you an abundance of designs and sizes to choose from. With dimensions as small as 10cm x 10cm up to a huge 100cm x 100cm, there’s a square tile size to suit every project
- Rectangular: as one of our most common tile shapes, our rectangular tiles come in a huge choice of sizes that range from slim 15cm x 90cm up to large format 60cm x 120cm, so you’re sure to find just the right dimensions available
- Hexagon: for a less conventional look, you’ll find a selection of hexagonal tiles that give your floors a beautiful honeycomb pattern. For a retro geometric look, our hexagonal non-slip floor tiles come in matt white or black, making them an ideal non-slip flooring solution for traditional interior design themes
- Modular: if you want to create a statement look, our modular tiles could be all you need. Combining different size tiles and shapes, these anti-slip floor tiles create an eye-catching patchwork pattern that looks equally as striking inside the home as it does outside
If non-slip flooring isn’t a priority, don’t forget to check out our full range of floor and wall tiles, with a wider selection of colours, styles, shapes and sizes available to suit all budgets and tastes.
Where to use non-slip floor tiles
There are many areas in the house particularly prone to slippery surfaces. Here are a few pointers on where and how to use non-slip tiles throughout the home to get you started.
- Kitchens: a spilt drink or splash of olive oil can easily go unnoticed in the kitchen. With such high footfall in the heart of the home, it’s only a matter of time before somebody gets injured. Non-slip kitchen floor tiles offer the ideal solution to slippery surfaces. Retaining all the benefits of regular kitchen tiles - including their durability, easy cleaning and attractive appearance - the uniquely textured surface of these tiling options minimises the risk of slips, making them the number one kitchen flooring solution for every home
- Bathrooms: when it comes to excess moisture, bathrooms are probably the greatest culprit, with steamy showers creating condensation on tiled surfaces and making them slippery underfoot. When combined with splashes, soaps, lotions and potions, if you choose the wrong type of flooring, you could be left with an ice rink! As such, it’s especially important to choose non-slip bathroom floor tiles for wet rooms and open shower areas where standing water can present a major hazard. What’s more, non-slip bathroom floor tiles can be a (literal) lifesaver for those suffering from a disability or mobility issue, providing a safe and dependable surface to give you total peace of mind. You can add even more grip underfoot in shower areas with options like matt mosaic concrete floor tiles
- Hallways: the benefits of non-slip floor tiles aren’t just limited to kitchens and bathrooms, either. Tiled hallways can also offer exceptional practicality to the entrance of your home, not to mention style. Whether you opt for a rustic look with wood or stone anti-slip tiles or embrace the beauty of vintage patterns, giving your hallway better grip underfoot can help to minimise slips and trips in this busy thoroughfare
- Gardens and patios: from alfresco dining areas to garden paths, many of our anti-slip tiles work just as well outside of your home. For a seamless and stylish finish, natural stone or stone-look finishes are the way, all while helping to keep people on their feet even when surfaces are exposed to the weather
With our wide range of non-slip tiles, the applications are endless, so we’re guaranteed to have the perfect non-slip flooring solution for your home.
Why choose Tiles Direct for non-slip floor tiles?
At Tiles Direct, you can trust our range of affordable anti-slip tiles to effectively reduce slips and trips in your home. Don’t be fooled into thinking affordability means lower quality, either. All of our tiles are sourced from suppliers across Europe, who have been handpicked based on strict quality control measures.
And thanks to our price match promise, you won’t find our non-slip floor tiles for less anywhere else - we’ll beat any price if you do! Better yet, we’ll even give you free delivery on all orders over £499, saving you from all the heavy lifting.
We’re your one-stop shop for all things tiles, and once you’ve settled on the tiles for you, it’s time to place your order. Simply buy online and sit back and relax - we’ll deliver your order direct to your door in no time at all, so you can say goodbye to unnecessary trips and slips in the home as soon as possible.
For more information about any of the non-slip floor tiles we have on offer, why not give the Tiles Direct team a call on 0113 253 0005 or email us at email@example.com? Whatever your query, a knowledgeable member of our team is always happy to help.