Looking for a statement wall or flooring solution for your kitchen, bathroom, hallway or beyond? Look no further than our Scintilla Star tiles range.
Championing the aesthetics of vintage and traditional interiors, these striking Scintilla star tiles feature an eye-catching, aged star design that’s guaranteed to add charm and character to any room.
From rustic-style kitchen splashbacks to boho bathroom floors, these beautiful Scintilla star tiles come in an array of colours, sizes and styles to help you create just the right look.
Explore our complete Scintilla star tile collection online right now and get your dream home updates well and truly underway.
Why choose Scintilla star tiles?
Our Scintilla star tiles are equipped with an impressive set of aesthetic and practical properties that make them a solid choice for covering walls and floors throughout your home.
Some of these tiles’ best attributes include:
- Unique aesthetics: boasting a quirky aged effect and distinctive star patterning, this tile range provides a unique aesthetic that’s sure to stand out in any room
- Minimal maintenance: made from strong, durable porcelain, dirt and stains will sit on the surface of these Scintilla star tiles, meaning they can be wiped down with ease. For proper maintenance, all that’s required is a regular sweep and mop
- High practicality: as a popular flooring solution for kitchens and bathrooms, these Scintilla star tiles boast refined practicality by complementing underfloor heating systems
- Durability: thanks to the rigorous porcelain material, these tiles are incredibly tough and difficult to crack. They’re also a lot less prone to scratching than other flooring alternatives, giving your interiors added longevity
Choose your favourite Scintilla star tile style
When it comes to choosing your dream tile style, the distinctive Scintilla star tile collection offers two pattern options.
- Single star: option A features a single eight-point star design, which is available in a range of colours (listed below). These Scintilla star tiles boast a central, large star pattern with subtle detailing in each corner that once laid will form an additional smaller eight-point star.
- Four stars: option B is a smaller version of the single star tile but features four smaller star shapes placed in a grid formation. This square tile features pre-scored lines that give the impression of four smaller tiles within one once grouted
Both designs are suitable for use on floors and walls, giving you even more scope for creating standout interiors in your desired pattern.
Explore our choice of colours
We stock an abundance of colour options within our Scintilla Star tile range, so when it comes to choosing the colour that best suits your decor style, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Our single Scintilla star pattern tiles feature geometric detailing, set against a rustic off-white backing, in the following colour options:
- Blue: inject a sense of tranquillity with blue and sapphire options that will never go out of style
- Black: create striking colour contrast and go bold with Scintilla black star pattern tiles to turn your flooring into a statement piece
- Olive green: evoke a connection to nature and give living spaces an eccentric personality with an offbeat hue like eye-catching olive green
- Barn red: fiery and bold, this red is sure to catch the eye every time, bringing with it a spicy, warm glow you’ll never tire of
Alternatively, you’ll find we stock even more colour options within our four Scintilla star tile designs that not only include the colour combinations above, but also:
- Paprika orange: vibrant, warm and energetic, with these zesty orange stars on an antique white background, it’s easy to bring the colours of autumn into your interior all year round
- Grey: with dark grey detailing set against a lighter grey base, these grey star tiles are perfect for replicating stoney hues to deliver a rustic aesthetic that will always be on trend
- Sky blue: the sky blue Scintilla star tiles utilise primary blue as a base colour against white stars that places greater emphasis on tonal contrasts for added effect
- Night black: likewise, the night black Scintilla star pattern tiles feature a black base and white star detailing for an impactful contrast sure to make a dramatic statement in any room
If you want to give walls and floors an antique look without the pattern, you’ll also find plain white tiles with an aged effect. These tiles can be used on their own or incorporated into a design with the Scintilla tiles - the choice is yours.
Find your perfect size
Our collection of Scintilla star tiles come in various dimensions to give you all the variety you need for your dream finish.
Size options for these square tiles range from 22.5cm x 22.5cm to 45cm x 45cm, with 29cm x 29cm options also available.
As a rule of thumb, smaller spaces are better suited to the single Scintilla star tile design as fewer grout lines will help the area feel bigger. However, larger spaces are more forgiving with additional grout lines so could work better with the four star pattern design.
Scintilla tiles in your ideal finish
Whether you realise it or not, the tile finish you choose can have a distinct impact on the finished look of your home’s interiors.
With our Scintilla tiles collection, you’ll find the option of glazed porcelain tiles with a matt or high-gloss finish.
- Matt: matt tiles typically feature a dull, flat and more textured surface. As a result, they reflect less light, conceal marks and scuffs and provide better traction underfoot, making them a sound option for bathroom and kitchen floors
- High-gloss: with a shiny, polished finish, high-gloss tiles brilliantly reflect light around a space - a great trick if you want to make rooms feel light and airy. The downside is the polished surface can make smears more visible, but the star pattern and aged effect will help to hide some marks. Due to their smooth surface, high-gloss tiles may not be the best choice for floors in wet areas, but they do make the perfect option for easy-clean splashbacks
Star pattern tiles for walls and floors
Our Scintilla tiles are right at home on walls or floors throughout the home thanks to their balance of eye-catching patterns and muted colours. Plus, the choice of glazed and matt anti-slip finishes available makes these patterned tiles perfectly practical whether they’re used in traditionally decorated areas of the home like the bedroom or living room, or spaces where safety and practicality come first like the kitchen or bathroom.
Let’s explore how these Scintilla star tiles can be put to use on your walls and floors:
- Scintilla star wall tiles: nothing makes a style statement quite like a feature wall adorned with striking patterns and pops of colour. The vintage-style star pattern on these tiles is positively perfect for a sophisticated feature wall design, bringing retro charm to any space along with a versatile colour palette. You’ll also find that our Scintilla tiles are ideally suited to kitchen splashbacks and shower surrounds, being made from moisture-proof porcelain - a coveted design material in these high-traffic, moisture-prone areas of the home
- Scintilla star floor tiles: the beauty of our Scintilla star tiles is in seeing the pattern come together when they’re laid in bulk. Creating a stunning decorative feature on walls anywhere in the home, these patterned porcelain tiles are not only highly practical as a flooring solution but also able to transform a functional feature into a style statement in its own right. Channel the retro look with black and off-white star patterned floor tiles, go rustic with an olive green star pattern or infuse Mediterranean chic into your home’s flooring with our paprika orange design. Give your kitchen, bathroom or living room floor the TLC it deserves by bringing Scintilla star floor tiles front and centre in your design theme
In the kitchen, bathroom and beyond
The star pattern detailing of these unique Scintilla tiles beautifully complement a range of classic interior design approaches in busy areas of the home like kitchens and bathrooms.
While these stunning star floor tiles are most commonly homed in the kitchen and bathroom, they’re also a powerful flooring solution for hallways and entrances where first impressions are key.
So, let’s take a look at some styling ideas you can try out in your own home:
- Bathrooms: vintage interior style works brilliantly in bathrooms, creating a space that’s inspired by Victorian design. The key is to complement traditional interior elements like clawfoot bathtubs with aged patterns and textures - what better way to achieve this than with the Scintilla star tile range? For a classic period property colour scheme, use black and white pattern Scintilla star tiles with their striking pattern on the floor to create beautiful visual contrasts.
- Kitchens: champion practicality and pretty patterns in your kitchen with eye-catching Scintilla splashback tiles. Perfect for rustic or old-school style kitchen design, you can create a truly unique period-inspired focal point as a splashback behind appliances, sinks or countertops
- Bedrooms: with a focus on comfort and relaxation, rustic interiors can be the perfect choice for bedrooms. Projecting a natural, organic aesthetic (yet still leaving room to allow each element to shine in its own right), rustic bedroom design comes with an abundance of character and cosiness as standard. To complete the look, matt stone Scintilla tiles combined with an abundance of character will be the rightful star of the show in any rustic approach when paired with plenty of soft fabrics
- Living rooms: the versatility of our Scintilla star tiles means they’re equally suited to bohemian interiors as they are traditional ones. For eccentric and energetic interior approaches in living rooms, look no further than this range. Paying particular attention to the high-gloss finish options, you can achieve a sleek finish full of charm
- Hallways: give guests (and yourself) a treat on arrival into your home with a floor that demands to be noticed. Whether you keep things warm and welcoming with spicy red and orange hues or go for a classic black or grey, these Scintilla tiles will add some wow factor to the gateway to your home
Scintilla’s four star pattern design features a grid scored into the surface, meaning this will need to be grouted. When done correctly, the grout lines will create the impression of four smaller, separate tiles within one.
Our top tip here is to use 2mm tile spacers between your tiles to ensure a grout line consistent with the scored line.
Why Tiles Direct?
Here at Tiles Direct, we believe you never have to compromise on quality or cost. It’s why we have a price match guarantee that ensures you won’t find the Scintilla star tiles for less anywhere else. If you do, send us your quote and we won’t just match it, we’ll beat it!
Once you’ve decided which Scintilla star tile colour and design is right for your project, all that’s left to do is place your order. With our quick online checkout and reliable shipping throughout the UK - which is free if you spend over £499 - you can have your tiles delivered to your door in no time.
Struggling to decide on which star pattern, size or colour is right for you? Order a tile sample today for just 99p.
Shop the full range online today. Or if you want to learn more about our dynamic range of Scintilla star floor tiles, why not give us a call on 0113 253 005 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org? We can’t wait to hear from you!