Tiles Direct is your first port of call for premium mosaic tiles at cost-effective prices. Whether you’re prioritising practicality or style, enjoy the best of both worlds in your home with this versatile range.
Mosaic tiles are available in a huge variety of materials such as ceramic, porcelain, stone, glass and even stainless steel
, meaning they’re perfect for everything from a durable feature backsplash in the kitchen to a luxurious floor design in the bathroom.
Why mosaic tiles?
Embellishing a room with mosaic tiles is a popular way to brighten up any home. Whether you want to add a touch of Moroccan style
or some industrial flair
to a space, mosaic tiles offer a perfect solution that’s sure to wow your guests.
Whether used on your walls or floors, mosaic tiles boast a range of benefits, including:
- Minimal maintenance: whether you prefer glass, marble or stone mosaic tiles, the ability to clean and easily maintain mosaic tiles makes them perfect for domestic environments. Additionally, glass tiles are not porous and are naturally resistant to mould, mildew, stains and chemical damage - therefore, they’re very low-maintenance
- Durability: mosaic tiles are incredibly strong, meaning they’ll effortlessly withstand wear and tear from day-to-day use in busy domestic and commercial environments
- Longevity: this durability means mosaic tile sheets are a great long-term flooring or walling solution. Plus, due to their superior colour retention qualities, glass mosaic tiles are a timeless material with longevity that is sure to return your initial investment
- Cost-effectiveness: replacing and repairing an intricate area of the mosaic is relatively inexpensive compared to a complete re-tiling job. This, paired with the tiles’ durability and longevity, means mosaic patterns can also be incredibly cost-effective
Mosaic styles for every room
In the kitchen
Mosaic tile sheets are an increasingly popular option for kitchen interiors - a highly practical room of the house prone to all kinds of slips, trips and spills, this makes tiles a sensible design solution if you want to keep your kitchen looking its best for years to come.
Mosaic kitchen tiles can help you to master all kinds of powerful aesthetics - from the metallic beauty of industrial chic
to the iconic monochrome look of our octagon mosaics
When it comes to where to lay mosaic tiles in the kitchen, you have multiple options. Firstly, consider your flooring.
For a sleek and contemporary style, consider glossy mosaic floor tiles such as our Octagon Mosaic range. Alternatively, to embrace the latest in interior design trends, consider the eye-catching patterns found in our Herringbone Mosaic range. These options can all help to bring a unique and modern look to all manner of kitchen interior design schemes.
Alternatively, mosaic tile sheets are also right at home as a kitchen walling solution. Why not add a splash of colour to the heart of your home? Giving you a practical and decorative touch that also introduces a new feature to your kitchen design.
For a Mediterranean feel, opt for patterned mosaic wall tiles in a Dream Ocean
design which could be used as kitchen borders or in and amongst plain, neutral-coloured tiles. Available in a number of colours from cool blue hues to striking black tones, the opportunities for a creative interior design are endless.
For a subtle decorative splashback, we love Shell tiles
. The different hues of beige, white and grey mean that, whatever your colour scheme in your kitchen or bathroom, your tiling is sure to fit right in, while adding an extra touch of glamour. Opt for tiles that match your furniture to create a unified look which looks both sleek and sophisticated.
Whatever style you wish to embrace, use mosaic tile sheets to create a splashback that achieves an eye-catching aesthetic or a border detail that complements surrounding kitchen accessories.
In the bathroom
Mosaic bathroom tiles offer a stylish and sophisticated solution for walls or floors, allowing you to transform an uninspiring room into an opulent showroom-style space.
When considering mosaic tiles in bathroom spaces, pay close attention to your choice of size and shape. Create an illusion of space in your bathroom by opting for larger mosaic tiles which will reflect light and open up your room. Alternatively, for larger spaces, pick smaller, more intricately designed mosaic tiles to create a unique focal point in your room and leave it feeling cosier.
Small mosaic tiles don’t have to cover the entirety of the wall. If you prefer more modest tiles against a splash of pattern in your shower, what about creating a feature point or border using mosaic wall tile sheets above your bathroom suite?
Our tiny Lucca mosaic tiles
will get the job done - and with the choice of beige, blue, grey and black mosaic tiles, you can really reflect your individuality. Alternatively, opt for some Fiesta red glass mosaic tiles
to add warmth to your kitchen or bathroom, or to inject a welcome burst of personality.
Alternatively, turn your home bathroom into a peaceful haven with our stone-effect Lecco mosaic tiles
. Build your very own spa retreat and embrace nature in your bathroom with this rustic design. Complement the mosaic bathroom tiles with a tiled slate floor for a space that creates a relaxing oasis, whisking you away from the stresses of your day.
Around the home
As one of the most creative and eye-catching tile styles on the market, mosaics demand attention. With this in mind, why not embrace the funky patterns of our In Trend range or the one-of-a-kind styles of our Vedici range?
Use to create a commanding feature wall in hallways, dining rooms, living rooms and more. Whatever the space, your mosaic tile feature wall is sure to be a striking focal point that really makes a statement.
Our range of mosaic wall and floor tiles includes a vast array of colours to suit any interior style. This ensures there’s a tiling solution to complete your home’s unique aesthetic.
Whether you’re opting for relaxing blue hues to set the tone in your bathroom or the perfect neutrals to complement your kitchen design, there’s a style and colour to suit your every requirement and create the look you desire.
In kitchens, you can't beat a crisp, clean white (with maintenance made all the more manageable thanks to their easy-to-clean surface). Or, if you’re thinking of going for something a little more out there, we’ve also got beautiful bronzes, deep reds and even perfect black mosaic tile sheets. The choice is yours!
Mosaic tiles also come in various classic bathroom shades, such as elegant silver, cool aqua and warm terracotta - so whatever colour scheme you want to achieve in your shower or bathroom, you’re sure to find a mosaic to match.
Our mosaic tile collection includes options in all the following colours:
- Black: from sleek matt to dazzling gloss finishes, our black mosaic tiles offer a powerful aesthetic that effortlessly complements contemporary and industrial interior styles
- White: whether you prefer clean and clear or unique and detailed, our range of white mosaic tiles is sure to have a solution for your interior. Use as a base colour for minimalist interiors, or as a means of colour contrast for more lively approaches
- Grey: grey doesn’t mean boring when it comes to our mosaic tiles. With a range of metallic and stone shades that emulate both industrial and natural aesthetics, your possibilities for styles are endless
- Beige: with shade options spanning from sandy to earthy, shop beige mosaic tiles for Scandinavian, minimalist and traditional-inspired interiors
- Red: whether you opt for soft and subtle reds for an injection of warmth or a fiery red for an eccentric personality, our red mosaic tiles are ideal for energetic, Bohemian interiors
- Pink: for a delicate dynamic in your interior, opt for pink mosaic tiles in options of dark and light shades
- Blue: we stock a wide selection of blue shades to ensure you can find a mosaic tile that projects a sense of peaceful serenity - particularly popular in bathroom environments. Opt from an extensive range spanning from deep blues to cyan and aqua
- Green: with choices in standard and leaf shades, green mosaic tiles enable you to add personality and brighten-up any space
- Yellow: from standard yellow and lila to marigold and coral, our range of yellow mosaic tiles are perfect for confident, fun interiors
Mosaics in all shapes and sizes
Thanks to their versatility, shape and size, every mosaic can be as unique as you need it to be. This means creating a timeless and eye-catching focal point with these tiles couldn’t be easier.
Our mosaic tiles come in a variety of sizes, from 4cm x 4cm tiles to be used in a focal, feature wall design, to 60cm x 60cm tiles that could be used to maximise small spaces such as bathrooms. Mosaic tiles are a great way to create an illusion of space due to their design flexibility and visual appeal and, as such, will complement a variety of rooms and interior styles.
Tile shape also has an important part to play and you'll find plenty of options available right here. From dainty squares and mini metro tiles to beautiful honeycomb hexagon mosaic tiles
and stone designs, the right tile shape can give your living spaces even more impact.
Sometimes less is more, and in intricate or awkward spaces, a mosaic tiling style can be both simple and effective. There are no rules with mosaics, so feel free to experiment to your taste. If you’re feeling creative, why not try your hand at creating a decorative mirror surrounded with mosaic mirror tiles?
To help you decide on the design for you, here’s a breakdown of the range of mosaic tile shapes available in our online collection:
- Square mosaic tiles
- Brick mosaic tiles
- Hexagon mosaic tiles
- Octagon mosaic tiles
- Rhombus mosaic tiles
- Herringbone mosaic tiles
- Chevron mosaic tiles
- Kit Kat mosaic tiles
- Bamboo mosaic tiles
- Arrow mosaic tiles
- Fan mosaic tiles
- Shell mosaic tiles
- Wave mosaic tiles
- Victorian penny mosaic tiles
- 3D cube mosaic tiles
How to install mosaic tiles
Creating a stunning feature wall is easier than you may expect.
Our collection of mosaic tile sheets come on a rigid plastic mesh that can be easily cut and shaped using a utility knife or pair of scissors to ensure a quick and simple installation.
As a result, this means that you won’t need to worry about how straight each one of your individual tiles are, as the mesh base will hold them in place to avoid any major errors. For more information on how you can lay and set your own mosaic wall or floor tiles at home, we’ve put together a step-by-step plan and the tools you’ll need below:
- Flexible tile adhesive
- Tile grout
- V-notched trowel
- Rubber grout float
- Dry cloth/ towel
- First things first, make sure the tiles are free from dust or debris. If any is remaining, clean it with a damp cloth. Note: it's important to ensure the tiles are dry before installation
- While it’s always best to follow the instructions from the manufacturer of the particular adhesive you’re using (usually located on the packet), the general method is to mix the adhesive, then apply to the substrate using a V-notched trowel
- With the flat side of the trowel, smooth the ridges to achieve a thick coverage and a flat finish. This will help you to keep the installation process clean, quick and accurate
- Face the mosaic tile sheet mesh side down, then apply them to the freshly prepared adhesive
- Press the tile into the adhesive and flatten the sheets so that they are well covered, and ensure that they are well contacted using a rubber grout float
- Allow plenty of time for the adhesive to set. If you’re unsure of how long to leave it, refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines, as this may vary with the adhesive that you’re using
- Keep your setup clean with a damp sponge. Remove any excess adhesive or haze which may still be remaining on the tiles to help create a clean finish
- After 24 hours, it's time to finish your tiling project with quality tile grout to seal the joints against moisture. Mix the grout and apply it to the gaps between the tiles using a rubber grout float. The most accurate and mess-free way to do this is to work in sections, removing any excess grout with a clean, damp sponge as you go
- For the perfect finish to make your mosaic tiles sparkle, polish off any remaining haze with a dry cloth or towel
So, with the right know-how and by following a step-by-step process, obtaining a professional look with mosaic tiles is quite simple.
It’s important to be especially careful when cutting tiles to avoid any unrectifiable mistakes - and be sure to go easy on the grout to create a finish that looks sleek and sophisticated.
The Tiles Direct promise
We understand that the right tile has the power to make any interior design project a stunning success. That’s why we strive to source such a wide range of tiles in different sizes, textures, patterns and finishes - meaning you’re guaranteed to find the perfect tile for your interior design project.
We source our tiles from a diverse range of suppliers across Europe - and every tile is quality-assured to ensure that we only offer the very best. We’ll even let you see for yourself - try before you buy by ordering a tile sample for just £1.99!
At Tiles Direct, we don’t think you should have to compromise on quality or cost. That’s why, with our price match guarantee, you can rest assured that we’ll beat the price if you find our mosaic tiles anywhere else for less.
For more information about our mosaic tile sheet options, or to place an order, give us a call on 0113 253 005 or email us at email@example.com and a member of our expert team will be more than happy to help you.