When it comes to buying floor tiles, Tiles Direct is your one-stop shop for everything from tiles to tiling accessories. Stocking a diverse range of floor tiling options for kitchens, bathrooms and beyond in all shapes, sizes, colours and finishes, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect flooring for your home - all in one convenient place.
We have an extensive range of floor tiles for every room in your home. That includes flooring for typical areas like kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms to bedrooms, hallways and even floor tiles that are suitable for use as outdoor patio and garage floor tiles.
On our site, you’ll find styles to complement all kinds of home designs. So, whether you’re laying tiles for the first time or replacing old ones, you can be sure to find the perfect floor tiles to suit your space.
From classic polished porcelain floor tiles to elegant mosaics, more intricate designs and unconventional shapes, we’re confident you’ll find floor tiles to suit all tastes under one roof when you choose to shop with Tiles Direct.
Explore all the options online right now and find your dream floor tiles at competitive prices.
Why choose floor tiles?
When deciding on which flooring option is right for you, nothing compares to floor tiles in terms of practicality, style and durability. Whatever your spec may be, you’ll find floor tiles hard to beat on suitability and value for money. And if you’re not completely convinced, here are some of the key benefits of using floor tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and more to help you make the right decision.
- Hard-wearing: floors see their fair share of footfall, spills and dirt, but with tiles, your floors stay looking clean and pristine for longer. Made from durable materials, including hard-wearing ceramic or even harder porcelain, floor tiles boast outstanding scratch and stain resistance. This means they’re perfectly poised to withstand daily use and everyday impacts with ease.
- Durable and sustainable: with any home update, you want to be sure it’ll last. Composed from natural materials that are incredibly durable, floor tiles won’t need replacing in a few years like with carpet or linoleum alternatives. They provide a long-term, eco-friendly flooring solution for home updates, meaning less waste in the landfill and less money spent on regular replacements - great for your wallet and the planet.
- Water-resistant: particularly important in bathrooms and kitchens where water is an everyday feature, floor tiles’ resistance to water is unmatched. Their excellent non-porous properties mean water won’t soak into the tiles, ensuring floors are continually kept properly protected from moisture.
- Low-maintenance: one of the best things about tiled floors is that they require little maintenance - just a regular sweep and mop. Whether it’s muddy footprints in the hallway or spillages and sticky handprints in the kitchen, a simple wipe with water and a mild cleaner will return floor tiles back to their glistening former glory. Some floor tiles made from natural stone may require periodic sealing, but even this is a relatively simple undertaking.
- Practical: with an abundance of finishes and colours, floor tiles can make a highly practical option for low-upkeep floors. For instance, with a matt, dark shade or patterned finish, you can conceal a multitude of marks and smudges that may well be visible with very light shades or tiles with a polished finish. This handy perk can make them a more practical option for floors in busy, high traffic areas of the home like kitchens and bathrooms.
- Effortlessly versatile: as interior specialists, we understand that everyone sees a room’s potential through a different lens. So, whatever your personal interior design tastes, there are endless possibilities with floor tiles to create your dream look - be it country-style kitchens, minimalist bathrooms or luxurious living rooms. With so many different colours, shapes, sizes and finishes, you can effortlessly create the look you want anywhere in your home.
- Super safe: despite your best efforts to keep surface water to a minimum in busy households, the worst can happen, which can pose a greater risk for slips and falls. But this doesn’t have to be a concern, as many of our floor tiles boast an anti-slip surface to minimise the risk of accidents.
Whether you’re considering bathroom floor tiles or kitchen floor tiles, their versatility and durability make them the ideal flooring option for any room in the house - all you need to do is decide on which is the right tile for you.
Floor tile colours galore
As interior specialists, we understand that everyone sees a room’s potential through a different lens. That’s why choosing the right colour tiles is an important part of the floor tile buying process, as the colour directly impacts the overall look and feel of your space - be it the kitchen, bathroom or anywhere else in the home.
To pick out the right colour for the floors in your home, think of them as the foundation that will set the tone for all the other elements you add to the room. This could be something simple and chic to go with brightly coloured walls and furnishings or flipped the other way using bold floors set against single-coloured interiors.
Essentially, if you have a particular colour in mind for your floor tiles, we’re confident you’ll find it right here, giving you a suitable base to create stunning home updates that will last for years.
Of course, with floor tiles, it often isn’t as simple as picking a colour you like (although this obviously helps!). You’ll also need to factor in other aspects in your decision-making process, including:
Practicality: as we mentioned above, very light or dark shades will inevitably be less forgiving when it comes to everyday dirt and wear. Choosing darker tones like grey floor tiles can help to reduce the visibility of dirt
Decor theme: with most home updates, you’ll have a general theme you’re working towards. The wrong colour choice can leave your designs falling flat. Take the time to consider how the floor colour integrates into the overarching decor theme before you buy
Conflicting colours: some colours work well when contrasted together, while others just don’t. Whether you’re starting a room from scratch or updating your floors to match existing features, always make sure to colour test the different palettes together before fixing them down. That way, you can ensure your colours beautifully complement (or contrast) each other to get your desired finish
Luckily for you, at Tiles Direct, we offer a broad spectrum of tile colours, so you’ll be spoilt for choice. This ensures the only limit to your interior capability is your own imagination.
Whether you’re looking for dark urban shades in the form of black and grey floor tiles for an industrial feel or an injection of brightness with pinks, oranges and blue, our floor tiles come in every colour of the rainbow:
- Black: dramatic and opulent, black tiles can instantly give floors added gravitas. It’s also a versatile colour working well with a wide array of other colours like white, cream, gold and silver to name but a few
- Blue: create calming, delicate interiors with pale pastel hues or embrace the power of patterned blue floor tiles that conjure up a more vintage vibe. Alternatively, go for a more rugged, industrial look with dark blue oxidised floor tiles that demand to be noticed
- Brown: bring warmth and character using deeper hues like terracotta and brown. Perfect for a traditional or rustic theme, we have everything from dark, ebony wood-effect floor tiles to striking brown granite-style tiles that inject a sense of luxury into the kitchen, bathroom and beyond
- Cream: immerse yourself in an array of soft creams and beiges that are primed for pulling off a light and airy aesthetic. Designs like the Darwin range feature a subtle pattern that works perfectly to bring texture and depth to floors, while Atelier pale wood-look floor tiles can project a wonderful homely touch
- Green: fresh, invigorating and soothing, green conjures up a close connection with nature, particularly when partnered with organic materials. Whether you want striking dark green hues in the kitchen or light and revitalising shades like mint and sage in the bathroom, there’s a shade of green floor tile to suit every style, mood and budget
- Grey: if you’re after an understated colour, our diverse range of grey floor tiles covers almost every shade imaginable. From beautiful pale grey marble-style floor tiles and dramatic dark grey slate-effect floor tiles to sleek and modern Uptown Manhattan grey, you’re sure to find the perfect shade of grey to match
- Pink: whatever shade you choose, pink tiles can lend a sophisticated and elegant look to any interior used as a single colour in combination with other hues like navy, grey and green
- Purple: from pretty lilacs to rich blackberry hues, give your home a luxurious and regal feel with purple accents
- Red: for a contemporary look, vibrant red shades bring colour and character like our Gulfstone quartz-style floor tiles range that has bags of sparkle
- Yellow: for lovers of vibrant hues, take your pick of colourful yellow tiles for floors. Perfect for creating a characterful and cheery interior that caters to both modern and traditional tastes
- White: if your home’s looking a little dark and dingy, brighten it up with white floor tiles that can illuminate any room by reflecting light and creating the illusion of extra space
Floor tile materials and finishes: what you need to know
Just as floor tiles come in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles, they also come in a diverse choice of materials and finishes, too.
Here at Tiles Direct, we stock a wide range of ceramic and porcelain floor tiles, as well as natural stone options and many other alternatives. To make sure you choose the perfect floor tiles for your kitchen, bathroom or anywhere else in the home, it’s important to understand the differences between each material to gauge its suitability for the job at hand:
- Ceramic: ceramic floor tiles are a popular choice with homeowners who want a low-maintenance, long-lasting and affordable flooring solution. Fired at extremely high temperatures and pressure, ceramic floor tiles boast excellent durability, water resistance and strength to provide a perfect protective layer for floors
- Porcelain: with finer ceramic and higher firing temperatures used to produce porcelain floor tiles, they do have a slight edge in terms of robustness and strength. Their dense, non-porous core offers outstanding water, scratch, impact and frost resistance making them an ideal choice for areas with heavy traffic, such as the kitchen, or outdoor areas exposed to the elements
- Natural stone: from tumbled travertine to quartz floor tiles, natural stone delivers in terms of durability, style and resistance to water. Despite being more expensive than porcelain or ceramic, these benefits still make them a solid choice and sound investment for hard-wearing and long-lasting flooring solutions that can last a lifetime. However, some types of stone may require additional maintenance to seal them properly from moisture and dirt
- Stone effect: an affordable and hassle-free alternative is to opt for realistic stone effect tiles that give you all the beauty and authenticity of natural stone in the form of a modern tile. From marble and onyx-effect tiles to genuine granite and slate, you'll find plenty of natural stone-look designs available
- Wood effect: Want the look of wooden floors without all the maintenance and aftercare? Our range of authentic-looking wood effect floor tiles offers ultra-realistic designs that mimic the appearance and texture of real wood while maintaining maximum durability and no-hassle cleaning. With a variety of colours, wood finishes and sizes available, you can pull off a wide range of interior styles from classic vintage vibes to contemporary chic
- Non-slip: perfect for wet areas of the home such as the bathroom and, to a lesser extent, the kitchen, non-slip tiles come with a more textured surface that gives better grip underfoot. From elegant terrazzo floor tiles to decorative anti-slip floor tile designs, being health and safety conscious doesn’t have to mean compromising on style
- Matt: convey a sleek and contemporary look with matt finish floor tiles. With a duller, flat surface, these floor tiles reflect less light and can mean everyday marks are less visible - perfect for high-traffic areas
- Polished: right at home in high-end interiors, polished tiles feature a shiny, smooth finish that reflects more light around the room and evokes a luxurious, glitzy feel. However, if you don’t have the time to sweep and mop your floors daily, neutral tones and patterned designs can mask crumbs and smears for less maintenance
- Patterned: you’ll also find plenty of options for patterned tiles with both matt and gloss finishes in all kinds of colours, including blends of brown, yellow, red, green and grey. These pretty tiles are guaranteed to give you plenty of versatility to create striking floors that are hard to ignore
Floor tile ideas
If your flooring needs an update but you’re struggling to find inspiration, food for thought can be found absolutely everywhere. Draw influence from age-old aesthetic themes or find your own style, borrowing ideas from a broad pool of interior design trends. If you’re still stuck for ideas, here are a few to get your creative juices well and truly flowing.
Tips for tiling small areas: if you’re tackling a small room, always go for large floor tiles to give the illusion of space, rather than emphasising your room’s modest dimensions with smaller, more intricate designs. Lighter shades like cream or pale grey floor tiles are also favoured in modest-sized rooms as they help to give a brighter and airier feel.
Whether you’re updating a cosy en-suite or a modest guest bedroom, one idea is to use stylish wood-effect floor tiles like the Regio Grey that will add texture and depth, all while elongating the space with their long, thin profile.
Tips for palatial pads: on the other side of the coin, smaller tiles or patterned designs can be a particularly effective way of adding detail and interest to break up larger spaces. Add flourishes of coloured or patterned tiles to expansive floors that create eye-catching features and zoned areas effectively.
This could take the form of a Victorian-inspired tiled area using decorative designs to define specific areas in open-plan kitchen-living rooms. Or perhaps you could go for a more contemporary look, using funky Apollo hexagonal floor tiles in different colours to create a unique pattern that spans across large rooms.
Pretty practical: if safety and practicality are your top priority, you won’t struggle to find a sensible yet stylish tiling solution. Non-slip floor tiles designed to stand the test of time come in all shapes and sizes, as well as a broad spectrum of styles - so you won’t have to choose between safety and sophistication.
From soft and elegant terrazzo floor tiles to decorative anti-slip tile designs, who says being health and safety conscious has to mean compromising on style? Certainly not us, as you’ll find plenty of options available when it comes to choosing anti-slip tiles for your home.
Moorish paradise: bringing a Moroccan influence to your home design couldn’t be simpler thanks to our wide selection of patterned ceramic floor tiles. Rich shades, intricate patterns and geometric designs characterise these popular tiles, using colours that reflect the tones of the desert to create an eye-catching interior. With options in atmospheric reds, oranges and yellows, our patterned ceramic floor tiles give you an affordable way to introduce some exotic Arabesque style into any room.
You can give bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens and more an all-year-round sunny vibe with the addition of some colourful floor tiles that feature blues, yellows and oranges. Paired with Moroccan decorative ornaments and textiles, you’ll have a space that feels bright and inviting whatever the weather outside.
Raw and rustic: for a rural flooring solution guaranteed to add the finishing touch to your folksy home, we have a number of elegant, understated tiles you’ll love. Whether you’re looking to create your own contemporary country home or a Scandinavian-inspired interior, opting for nature-inspired tile designs that come in a range of rustic, muted tones like those in the Peronda collection will be the perfect fit.
To channel the ever-popular Scandi-style, options like our Skogen wood-effect floor tiles are sure to deliver that cool, minimalist aesthetic that uses soft, layered textures to create a cosy yet functional finish. For a darker, dramatic look, you could use grey slate floor tiles to conjure up that rugged, rustic feel, using their natural beauty to make a striking style statement.
Industrial haven: if you're looking for a more contemporary approach to your interior, we have a range of visually-striking black and grey floor tiles with hard matt finishes. Don’t let the dark moody colours fool you, though - grey floor tiles with the look of concrete will inject lively urban energy into any space, making a modern interior statement that will remain on-trend for years to come.
One style to try could be a monochrome bathroom that uses stark contrasts between matt black floor tiles and white walls. Softened by metallic accents in brass or copper, you can easily pull off a retro-industrial style.
Lap of luxury: when nothing but the most luxurious option will do, our beautiful black quartz floor tiles are sure to fit the bill. These opulent tiles were created to bring some welcome sparkle to any room, as well as being resistant to water, stains and scratches - meaning your home can enjoy a grand and beautiful finish for years to come.
Primed for giving state-of-the-art kitchens that contemporary, futuristic edge, pair dark grey or black quartz floor tiles with high-gloss white kitchen cabinets and silver appliances for a sleek and futuristic look that’s practical, too.
Opulent and elegant: if quartz tiles don’t fit the bill, then our selection of marble-effect floor tiles surely will. With realistic designs that mirror the natural beauty and detailing of real marble, these tiles offer an affordable and low-maintenance alternative, allowing you to create a feeling of grandeur that will never go out of style. Of course, if you won't settle for anything less than the real deal, we also stock a variety of stunning genuine marble tiles
From cutting-edge living rooms to contemporary bathrooms, marble doesn’t always have to be about creating a classic aesthetic. Instead, use beautiful large-format Nepal Grey floor tiles and offset them with contemporary furniture that has sharp, clean lines to bring this traditional material well and truly into the 21st century.
Floor tiles for any room
Whether you’re upgrading for practical purposes or can’t wait to give your home an interior overhaul, you’ll find high-quality floor tiles to fulfil your needs, with options available to suit every room of the house.
From function-first kitchens to pristine patios, incorporating floor tiles into your home decor comes with infinite possibilities.
If you want to warm up a room, you can check out our range of rich terracotta floor tiles - bringing a touch of sunny Spanish style to your home.
Or perhaps you prefer a vintage aesthetic. Maintain the original features of your home or inject some classic style with our Vintage Tiles collection. Available in a variety of intricate patterns and traditional colours, they deliver the perfect finishing touch to any period home.
Alternatively, use classic designs and colours like rustic Victorian quarry tiles or vintage-inspired star floor tiles to get a retro vibe in bathrooms, kitchens and more. Our broad range of floor tiles are designed with safety in mind, allowing you the freedom to design the room of your dreams.
Get inspired with ideas for every room:
- Kitchens: kitchens are one of the most common sites for everyday accidents and spillages in the home, so it’s essential to have a durable, anti-slip flooring option that’s easy to clean. The answer is kitchen floor tiles, which offer a no-fuss flooring solution in a diverse range of colours, shapes, sizes and finishes, from elegant tumbled travertine to matt grey porcelain floor tiles. Whether you’re looking to create a traditional, rustic-style country kitchen or an ultra-modern minimalist space, our range of kitchen floor tiles includes options galore to help you realise your design vision
- Bathrooms: a bathroom’s wet conditions make floor tile decisions just as much about function as fashion. Floor tiles in bathrooms must have a non-slip surface to reduce the risk of accidents - our non-slip floor tiles give you sensible options without sacrificing style. Emulate a relaxing spa vibe with neutral tones and soft lighting or create a bright and vibrant space that’s packed full of colour - any one of our stunning floor tiles will be the perfect starting point for tying the whole room together. We even offer undertile heating mats for some added luxury and the guarantee of warm tiles underfoot when you step out of the shower each morning
- Living rooms: cool and contemporary, living room floor tiles offer a chance to trade traditional carpeting for the ultimate in modern, low-maintenance flooring. With a sleek and chic finish, tiled living rooms are the practical choice for busy homes and can be beautifully cosied up with soft-pile rugs and plenty of soft furnishings to match. Whether you’re looking for homely wood-effect tiles to complete a rustic look or you’d like to minimise wear and tear with some gorgeous grey granite floor tiles, you’ll find no shortage of beautiful, practical floor tiles for living rooms whatever your personal tastes and requirements
- Bedrooms: choosing floor tiles for bedrooms gives you an opportunity to combine cosy furnishings with cutting-edge style. Combining hard-wearing properties with a tactile feeling underfoot, floor tiles could be the finishing touch your bedroom’s missing. Polished porcelain tiles are an ideal option for bright, airy bedrooms, while patterned coloured mosaic tiling brings an exotic charm. Whatever your style, bedroom floor tiles can be handpicked to suit your living space
- Hallways: the hallway sees its fair share of footfall, so it pays to give it some much-needed TLC with a flooring solution that’s hard-wearing, durable, easy to clean and impossibly stylish. With floors well-protected with scratch and water-resistant floor tiles, you can focus on creating a welcoming space to ensure your home always makes a good first impression. From vintage-style Victorian tiles to sumptuous slate-effect options, we want your hallways to feel fashionable and functional every day, just like any other room in the house.
- Gardens and patios: floor tiles work wonders in transforming outdoor spaces. Our diverse collection of outdoor tiles are made from hard-wearing porcelain and natural stones that can withstand extreme temperature changes and wet weather with non-slip surfaces. Whether you want a seamless flow from inside to outside (with the same tiles used in both areas) or you’re looking to spruce up a tired patio, outdoor floor tiles are functional, stylish and incredibly versatile. From dark and elegant grey bazalt floor tiles to iconic travertine, it’s easy to create stunning outdoor spaces for relaxing and socialising with friends during the warmer months of the year
Installation tips for fabulous floors
Updating your home with new floor tiles can be a fantastic way to transform drab, tired spaces into stylish surroundings - from the kitchen and bathroom to the living room, bedroom, hallway and even outdoors. To help you achieve a fabulous finish, we’ve put together a few tips for installing tiles to get you started.
Of course, before we dive into the details, it’s worth noting that unless you’re an accomplished DIY-er, it could be wise to enlist the help of a professional tiler to get the job done right. That way, you can feel fully confident that you’ll get the premium finish you want with flat floors and perfectly in-line patterns.
That being said, we do have a few tips on installing floor tiles for those who are up to the challenge:
- Measure up: before you begin, always get an accurate measurement of the area to calculate how many tiles and how much adhesive and grout you’ll need for the job. We’d always recommend allowing at least 10% extra for all of these elements to account for tile cuts, breakages and any other unforeseen mishaps - this will ensure you don’t come up short halfway through the installation. Check out our tiling accessories range to stock up on all the essential tools needed - tile spacers, grout floats, notched trowels and more
- Prep the area: with your tiles and accessories ready to go, you’ll need to prepare the area before you start sticking tiles down. Whether you’re tiling over existing tiles, onto concrete or tiling onto wooden floorboards, ensure the area is as level as possible, applying a self-levelling screed if necessary. Also, sweep and clean the area to remove as much dust and debris as you can, then you’re ready to go
- Plan the pattern: the key to successful floor tiling is in the pre-planning, as you’ll be starting from a central point in the room and working outwards to each corner. Therefore, it’s essential to have your pattern planned before installing the tiles. For plain tiles, this should be relatively straightforward, but it can be a little more complex with patterned or decorative tiles, so think ahead. Be sure to factor in getting in and out of the room without stepping onto your freshly laid tiles, too - tile the area nearest the door last
Explore different patterns and design options for floor tiles right here
- Mix and lay: with your design decided, you’re good to start laying your tiles. Measure the room to find the central point where you’ll lay the first tile. From here, laying down a small area of adhesive at a time, work outwards towards each corner - use spacers between each tile to ensure uniform gaps and tile alignment. Once all your tiles are laid, leave the area to dry for at least 24 hours to make sure the adhesive is fully set. It goes without saying: don’t walk on your tiled floor while it's wet, as this could move tiles and leave you with a less than perfect finish
- Grout and seal: with the tile adhesive set, the final stage of installing your floor tiles is to seal them with an application of grout. This will go between the tiles to prevent moisture and dirt from getting into the tile joints. Once applied, grout should be left to set for at least 3 hours before you clean your floors. To preserve your floors and minimise maintenance, opting for a mould-resistant and waterproof grout is key, but the choice of grout colour is entirely yours. From gold glitter grout to classic grey, we have plenty of grout options to choose from
- Clean your tiles: before you start moving your furniture into your newly tiled room, you’ll need to give your floor a few cleans to remove any grout residue and dust that looks like a white hazy film. Getting this off is relatively easy, but the key is to do it as soon as the grout has dried. Using warm water and a clean, barely damp sponge, wipe over the tiled area, rinsing frequently to pick up grout residue and ensure it isn’t transferred back onto the tiles. This may need to be done several times, but the effort will be worth it as once the haze has lifted, you can simply sweep and mop your floors with warm, soapy water as normal. This gives them a pristine finish every time
To make sure you have all the right tools and equipment for installing floor tiles, take a look at our tiling accessories range now.
Why buy with Tiles Direct?
At Tiles Direct, we want to ensure you can buy tiles as smoothly as possible.
So, we not only offer you a huge range of premium-quality floor tiles at great value prices - we’ll also give you the chance to see how the tiles will look in your home before you buy. With our tile samples starting from just 99p, we’ll send your sample of choice direct to your door, allowing you to visualise your interior updates in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, hallway or garden before you commit to buying in bulk.
With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we also know how important it is to keep your costs to a minimum when it comes to decorating your home or office. Our price match guarantee means that, if you find our tiles elsewhere for less, we promise to beat the price.
Cheap floor tiles don’t have to mean sacrificing quality, either! We carefully select our floor tiles from leading suppliers across Europe, with strict quality controls in place to ensure that you’re getting the best tiles at the best price.
Once you’ve had a chance to test out our floor tiles in your home and you’re confident you’ve got the best possible price, simply place your order online. We’ll even give you free delivery on orders over £499, saving you the hassle of all the heavy lifting.
To find out more about buying floor tiles for commercial design projects, visit our dedicated pages for architects, interior designers and project managers.