At Tiles Direct, we’re committed to bringing you the best and broadest choice of tiles around, which includes our Victorian penny tiles collection.
Featuring pretty penny-sized tile discs, our small round penny mosaic tiles are perfect for introducing texture and character to your home’s interiors.
With a broad spectrum of colours and finishes available in our penny mosaic range, you’re sure to find just the right option to bring your next home update project to life.
Let’s take a closer look at all of your Victorian penny mosaic tile options, plus the practical and aesthetic benefits that come with them.
Why choose penny tiles?
If you want to give your walls texture and a pretty, decorative finish, round penny tiles could be the perfect solution.
Boasting all the practical and aesthetic benefits that come with modern tiles, here are some of the perks that Victorian penny mosaic tiles can bring to your home renovation efforts:
- Hardness: made from either ceramic or porcelain, our penny tiles deliver outstanding durability and hardiness when it comes to withstanding everyday wear and tear, including scratches, impacts and stains
- Water resistance: with low moisture absorption, penny mosaic tiles are perfect for use in bathrooms, kitchens or any other internal area that may be exposed to water
- Practicality: once sealed with grout, penny tiles are incredibly low-maintenance and practical, providing an easy-to-clean, non-slip surface that can be wiped down with regular cleaning solutions
- Versatility: with so many colour and application options, you can use penny mosaic tiles on walls and floors throughout the home, bringing texture and charm in abundance
Your penny tile colours
Choosing your dream colour is all part of the tile buying process - and at Tiles Direct, we’ve searched high and low to bring you a broad spectrum of shades.
From classic monochromes to bold, vibrant hues and everything in between, we’re confident you’ll find the perfect shade in our penny mosaic tile range to achieve your desired aesthetic.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the different shades we have available:
- Black: for a dramatic monochrome mosaic on your walls, whether as part of a kitchen sink splashback or full-length shower surround, choose our pitch black penny tiles
- Light grey: their versatile colour and timeless design makes light grey Victorian penny tiles a design feature with coordination options galore in retro-inspired or contemporary spaces
- Medium grey: for a slightly warmer alternative to our light grey penny tiles, these medium grey mosaics are equally versatile while contributing to a cosier aesthetic
- Red: these vibrant glossy penny mosaic tiles will make a real style statement on walls thanks to their scorching red colour, particularly when paired with an otherwise monochromatic colour scheme
- White: create a clean, ultra-modern wall design in kitchens, bathrooms and beyond with our perfect white penny tiles inspired by the Victorian era while being firmly à la mode
- Silver: our silver metallic round penny tiles are dark and dramatic with a subtle shimmer, ideal for channelling the industrial look in any contemporary living space
- Copper: the iconic Victorian penny tile style, our mixed copper penny mosaic tiles combine warm colouring with a quintessentially industrial aesthetic, pairing to perfection with other metallic accents
- Multicolour: for an unapologetically bold feature wall or splashback, choose our vibrant multicolour penny tiles, featuring all the colours of the rainbow in an abstract pebble-style design
Your penny tile finish options
With our penny tiles, you’ll find a whole host of finish options - meaning you can find just the right tiles to complement your home’s design scheme.
To help you on your mission, here are some of the different finish options we have in stock:
- Polished: with a shiny surface, you can benefit from light-reflecting properties and texture to create a sleek and stylish finish on walls and floors
- Matt: capture a contemporary vibe while hiding smudges and smears with penny tiles in a dull, matt finish
- Metallic: go for an industrial feel with penny tiles in a metallic glazed finish, perfect for reflecting light and creating ambiance
- Marble-effect: mirroring the look of real Carrara marble, you can champion classic design materials with a stylish, modern twist
Our small round mosaic tiles are sold in sheets and available in a selection of sizes, with options including:
- 29.5cm x 31.5cm
- 30cm x 30cm
- 31cm x 32cm
Penny tile styling ideas
Our penny mosaic tile sheets offer countless styling options. From bathrooms and kitchen splashbacks to steps and ramps, they’re guaranteed to create an eye-catching feature with built-in practicality to match.
If you’re still wondering how to use Victorian penny mosaic tiles in your own home, we’ve put together a handful of styling ideas for different areas of the house. This should give you all the inspiration you need to start incorporating these tiles into your next home update project:
- The bathroom: bolster safety and style in one fell swoop using penny mosaic tiles for bathroom flooring, as their textured finish will give a better grip underfoot even when wet
- The kitchen: make your kitchen splashback the star of the show with brightly coloured penny mosaic tiles set against simple white kitchen units
- The living room: give living rooms a long-lasting style with a feature wall covered with shiny Victorian penny tiles
- The hallway: protect hallway walls from everyday scuffs and marks with walls clad in stylish penny tiles in your favourite shade
Buying penny tiles online
As one of the UK’s leading online tile suppliers, we search high and low to bring you the best quality and price on tiles, which includes our selection of penny mosaic tiles. As part of our commitment to saving you money, we even offer to beat genuine cheaper quotes if you find the same tiles anywhere else for less.
All that’s left to do now is choose your favourite penny tiles and head to the checkout. With reliable UK-wide delivery that’s free on orders over £499, you can have your tiles delivered to your door in no time.
Explore our complete collection of penny tiles online now, from classic black or white penny tiles to industrial-style metallic silver or copper designs. If you find a tile you like, we can send you a small sample from just 99p - giving you the chance to see them in situ before you commit to buying in bulk.
If you want to ask us a question about one of our products, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team.