The unrivalled beauty and character of natural stone make them a popular choice for tiling in modern homes. Perfect for pulling off a variety of decor styles, natural stone tiles are equally at home in high-end modern interiors as they are in more rustic-inspired settings.
To help you get your natural stone tile fix, we stock a wide selection of natural stone wall and floor tiles at Tiles Direct. With options in slate, travertine, brick, marble and more, you’re guaranteed a stunning result in any room of your home - whether it’s the kitchen, bathroom or living area.
Discover all of your natural stone tile options online right now, and the suite of practical and aesthetic perks they bring to home interiors.
Why choose natural stone tiles?
When it comes to choosing the right tiles for your home interior project, you need to strike the perfect balance between practicality and aesthetics.
This is why natural stone tiles are a popular choice as they possess a raft of unique practical properties that tick all the boxes:
- Durability: the durability of natural stone means that flooring and walling can last for centuries and will require minimal maintenance. Thanks to its hardness, it's able to cope with everyday wear and tear, even in areas of high footfall like the kitchen and living area
- Water resistance: many natural stones like marble and slate are incredibly dense, meaning they absorb very little water - which is why they’re often found in bathrooms and kitchens. Softer options like travertine are slightly more porous but, with sealing, they can also provide robust, water-repelling properties
- Versatility: with our choice of natural stone wall and floor tiles you can bring rustic charm to any part of the home, including outside. Natural stones like slate and marble possess all the practical properties needed for hard, waterproof and robust outdoor tiles, and are ideal for withstanding the elements and extreme temperature changes
- Sustainability: the durability and natural composition of stone tiles make them a solid choice for eco-friendly, sustainable interior design, as they deliver a timeless aesthetic that won’t need replacing any time soon
- Good investment: natural stone has become a highly sought-after feature that can add value to a property. These tiles can even be used with underfloor heating, as natural stone floor tiles conduct heat to create a cosy and warm living area. While this may require a greater initial outlay, this sustainable solution means you’ll reap the rewards for decades after - with dramatically decreased utility bills
Our natural stone tile options
At Tiles Direct, we know that designing your home is an incredibly personal experience - so we’ve searched high and low to find a diverse range of natural stone wall and floor tiles to suit all tastes and budgets.
Championing neutral hues, natural stone tiles are also the perfect finish for walls and floors, giving them a striking and textured feel, whichever stone you choose.
Some of our most popular options include:
- Travertine: our travertine range includes a broad selection of natural stone kitchen tiles which are right at home in rustic kitchens thanks to their neutral tones. Available in a range of different sizes to suit floors or walls, travertine tiles are guaranteed to create eye-catching splashbacks and more
- Slate: our slate tiles come in a selection of colours and finishes that will give any space a raw, natural vibe ideal for country-style interiors
- Brick: natural stone brick tiles are an ideal option for channelling a rugged industrial look in living rooms, bedrooms and beyond. Plus, they also make the perfect exterior cladding, giving you that brick stone finish to protect the surface beneath
- Pillowstone: made from manufactured stone, our Pillowstone tiles deliver a chic, contemporary look with their 3D profile and textured surface in various shades
- Marble: if you prefer a lighter colour palette, you can't go wrong with marble. Classic, timeless and effortlessly elegant, marble is easy to wipe down if splashed with water, while its natural beauty brings a sense of grandeur
Our natural stone tile finishes
The finish of your natural stone tiles can make a real difference to the overall look and feel of a space - as well as the upkeep - so it’s important to choose wisely.
Within our range of natural stone tiles, we stock a variety of finishes to help you find exactly what you’re looking for:
- 3D: bring texture and depth to walls with tiles that feature a 3D design in a matt finish that’s right at home on feature walls in contemporary bedrooms and living rooms
- Matt: as practical as they are stylish, matt natural stone floor tiles are a solid option for busy areas of the home - helping to give your interiors longevity without compromising on the aesthetic
- Polished: capitalise on light reflection and curate a classic, high-end interior style with polished natural stone wall tiles in bathrooms, kitchens and beyond
- Textured: from providing grip underfoot to introducing soft, sensory finishes to your interiors, you’ll find countless textured options to pull off your dream decor style
- Split face: featuring a mix of stone mosaics, our split face natural stone wall tiles create beautiful, decorative features in any room - although we’d recommend avoiding using them in very wet areas like showers
- Brick: with the visual profile of real brick, this tile finish can instantly add a raw, industrial touch to modern home design
Our natural stone tile colours
The neutral hues of natural stone mean that creating that traditional country kitchen or sleek industrial finish couldn’t be easier.
To make sure you find ample options for colours, you can take your pick from a broad spectrum of shades:
- Light grey
- Medium grey
- Dark grey
Natural stone tile style ideas
If you’re looking to give your home decor enviable beauty, durability and practicality, our natural stone tile options could be the perfect solution.
Available in a diverse range of materials, colours and finishes, we’re confident you won’t struggle with ideas on how to use these tiles in your own interior design projects. Just in case, though, here are some options to fuel your creativity:
- The bathroom: champion classic style with marble natural stone wall tiles in your bathroom. Paired with brass finishes, curved accents and a few flourishes of dark wood, you can bring a touch of luxury to your daily routine
- The kitchen: introduce texture and timeless style to your kitchen with slate natural stone floor tiles in a practical dark grey hue that’ll go with a wide range of colour palettes
- The living room: for rustic living rooms, introduce texture and a mixture of tones with slate split face wall tiles which are right at home on chimney breast walls and beyond
- The hallways: make a style statement in the entrance of your home using slate floor tiles to deliver a sleek, organic look while protecting floors from daily wear and tear
- The bedroom: with marble floor tiles, oodles of soft furnishings and brushed gunmetal accents, you can create a sumptuous sleep space that gives a nod to classic and contemporary design
Buying natural stone tiles online
The lasting benefits of natural stone mean it’s become an increasingly popular tiling option. And when you shop with us, our competitive pricing makes luxury interiors affordable, so your dreams of natural stone can become a reality sooner than you think.
A lower price point doesn’t mean you have to compromise on quality, though. We work closely with our suppliers to find you the best of both worlds, and our price match promise also means that, if you find our tiles elsewhere for less, we’ll guarantee to beat your quote.
If you still need convincing, why not get your own tile sample from just 99p to see our stunning, high-quality tiles for yourself? For more design inspiration, the Tiles Direct interior design blog is the place to be - helping you on your way to finding the ideal tiling solution for your home.
Browse our complete range of natural stone tiles online now. Once you’ve chosen your tiles, order them online in just a few clicks and we’ll handle the rest. We’ll even throw in free delivery on all orders over £499.
If you need any further information on our natural stone tiles or any of our other products, don’t hesitate to get in touch.