If you’re looking to give your home a much-needed update, our selection of sleek mosaic and metro-style mirror tiles could be just what’s needed.
Perfect for delivering a contemporary look to your home’s walls, mirror mosaic tiles are guaranteed to bring light and elegance in abundance.
At Tiles Direct, we have a vibrant range of styles, colours and sizes available. This means you’re guaranteed to find a high-quality mirror tile that suits your home’s style and functionality.
Right at home in kitchens and bathrooms, not to mention hallways, living rooms and even bedrooms, our versatile glass mirror wall tiles deliver countless styling options.
Explore our full collection of mirror mosaic tiles online today and discover all the positive perks that come with them.
Why use mirror tiles?
Whether you opt for our stunning mosaic mirror tiles or the larger metro design, all of our glass mirror tiles boast a signature shiny finish that sparkles but doesn’t distract.
But this isn’t all that these gorgeous tiles deliver. Beyond their good looks, mirror mosaic tiles come with a raft of benefits you may not have even considered.
So, let us show you why mirror mosaic tiles make an ideal choice for your next home update:
Mirrors are a tried-and-tested interior design trick to brighten up and expand dimly lit spaces, as the reflective surface allows any light to bounce around the room making it feel more spacious as a result. The same rules apply to small mirrored mosaics.
From windowless bathrooms to dull kitchens, mirror wall tiles offer a cost-effective way to make dark spaces feel light and airy. Just remember that the larger the mirrored surface, the brighter it will be, so think big with mirror tiled areas to maximise the amount of light reflection.
Mirror tiles have the unique ability to add depth, making areas look and feel larger. Primed for use in modest kitchens, pokey bathrooms and small hallways, their reflective properties will expand small spaces, creating an optical illusion of a much larger space.
This is especially true if you use metro brick mirror tiles with a bevelled edge, as this will transform flat reflective surfaces into three-dimensional ones.
Like most ceramic and porcelain tiles, glass mirror tiles also boast excellent practical properties when it comes to covering your walls.
Their smooth, shiny surface not only delivers a clean finish but also makes upkeep a breeze. A simple wipe down with a cloth using a glass cleaner or white vinegar solution on a regular basis is all that’s needed. This leaves your mirrored wall tiles glistening and streak-free and makes removing cooking splashes, watermarks and mucky fingerprints easy.
Despite being made from glass, these mirror tiles are also a hardwearing and durable choice for walls in kitchens, showers and other areas of the home. With the right care, they can continue looking their very best for years to come.
Glass mirror tiles are an eco-friendly material. As well as being designed to last for years, at the end of their lifecycle, glass wall tiles like these can also be recycled.
This all goes towards making them a viable alternative for homeowners who want to make eco-conscious updates to their property that deliver maximum style with minimal environmental impact.
Your mirrored mosaic tile style options
Our mirrored mosaic tiles collection boasts an array of different shapes and styles, giving you all the variety you need to find the perfect solution for your home.
- Square mirror mosaics: typically sold in larger sheets, these dinky mirror tiles are perfect for giving walls texture and depth with a shiny square grid design
- Mini metro tile mosaics: give your walls a retro vibe with a twist, using mini metro mirror tiles on sheets - perfect for attention-grabbing splashbacks or decorative borders in any room
- Metro mirror tiles: our standard-size mirror metro tiles give you all the charm and character of subway tiles with a super chic and shiny finish. Available in 5mm and 8mm thickness in various sizes, these mirror wall tiles are guaranteed to give your walls a glamorous look with a vintage edge
Your mirror tile sizes
At Tiles Direct, we fully recognise the importance of tile size when it comes to home decorating ventures. So, within our mirror tile collection, you’ll find plenty of different size options to catch your eye.
From dinky squares to full mirror mosaic sheets, here’s a sneak peek at your size options:
- 2.5 cm x 2.5cm
- 5cm x 5cm
- 2.5cm x 5cm
- 7.5cm x 20cm
- 7.5cm x 30cm
- 10cm x 30cm
- 30cm x 30cm (mosaic sheets)
Your mirror mosaic tile finishes
Size and shape aren’t the only options you need to consider though. Our mirrored tiles come with a choice of finishes and different edges that can impact their light-reflecting properties and the finished look.
For finishes, don’t be fooled into thinking all mirrored tiles are the same. At Tile Direct we have glass tiles with a variety of finishes that can be used to create different effects.
- Clear glass: curating a classic look, our clear glass mirror tiles are the perfect pick for a more understated finish with contemporary interiors
- Titanium glass: these super shiny mirror tiles have a more crystal-like look for added sparkle, giving your walls a luxurious finish
- Coloured glass: we also stock glass mirrored mosaic tiles in white, blue, mixed black and grey that are perfect for delivering added drama and colourful reflective properties
- Marble: with designs that include mirror and marble-effect tiles, you can mix and match different materials, creating beautiful textural contrasts and character
When it comes to edges, your options are:
- Flat edged: Flat-edge mirrored tiles will naturally do a great job of bouncing light around, projecting the light outwards
- Bevelled edge: in contrast, bevelled edge tiles will catch the light at different angles, further illuminating areas and often creating pretty prisms of coloured light
Mirror tile styles for every room
Mirror tiles are surprisingly versatile, offering a whole host of design options for various rooms around the house - from kitchens and bathrooms to living rooms and bedrooms.
With so many glass mirror tile designs to choose from, we thought we’d share a few of our favourite styling tips to show you just how adaptable these tiles can be as a decor material.
- Sparkling showers: give your shower a touch of glamour with small, straight-edged square mosaic mirror tiles on your bathroom walls. The smooth surface will make light work of cleaning off soap, grime and water marks, while the dainty squares will reflect light in every direction - making your shower a bright and glitzy place to scrub up every day.
- Contemporary kitchen splashbacks: the addition of mirrored splashback tiles is sure to bring your kitchen into the 21st Century. For a masterclass in light reflection, pair your mirror tiles with ultra-modern cabinets with a high-gloss finish. The result will be a contemporary kitchen design that feels light, airy and ready to shine.
- Retro design with distinction: combine mirrored glass with classic metro tiles for a distinctive vintage kitchen splashback. The bevelled edges will push light to every corner of the room while lending a quirky retro vibe that’s bursting with character. Whether you choose to team your tiles with all-white units or add some vintage-inspired colours like bright yellow or minty green, the finished look is sure to create a lasting impression with a hint of luxury.
- Brilliant bedroom feature walls: mirror tiles can also be subtly incorporated into bedroom interiors to create a striking feature on your walls. These could be small touches of luxury with a splash of mirror tiles above your bedside table, or a floor-to-ceiling mirror wall for checking your reflection before heading out the door. Whatever you choose, the addition of mirrored tiles is highly effective in adding depth, character and oodles of light to bedrooms of all sizes and styles.
- Cool blue living rooms: create a calming and serene living space with blue glass mirror mosaic tiles. Perfect for glamming up a tired mantlepiece or adding depth to built-in shelves, the combination of smooth glass and blue tones will beautifully reflect the light to provide a stand-out feature to bring your living room up to date in no time.
- Illuminated hallways: make dark and gloomy hallways a thing of the past with mirrored mosaic tiles. Ideally positioned opposite or adjacent to a light source, the addition of some shiny metro brick mirror tiles will add depth and bounce light to every corner. For an art-deco feel, why not add black mirrored tiles with shiny gold or brass accents for a truly opulent entrance?
- Accentuated alcoves: give old-fashioned alcoves an on-trend look using mirrored tiles that will work to open up the space. For an ultra-modern look, grey mirror tiles in a mini metro brick style will accentuate the alcove while lending a chic and modern finish, giving this feature a whole new lease of life.
Hopefully, the above styling ideas will give you all the inspiration you need to master using mirror tiles in your home, helping you create beautiful living spaces with added sparkle.
Mirror tile installation tips
If you’re ready to embrace the beauty of mirrored tiles in your home, then before you start fixing them in place, we have a few handy installation tips to make sure you end up with a professional finish.
1. Measure up
Measuring is an important step for any tile installation job. Even if you’re only using mirrored tiles in a small area like an alcove or a splashback, don’t guess how many tiles you think you’ll need. For the sake of a couple of minutes and some fairly straightforward maths (multiplying the width by the length to get the square metre measurement), you could save yourself a whole lot of hassle with buying too little or too many materials.
If you need help calculating exactly how many tiles you’ll need for the job, each of our product listings features a handy online tile calculator. Simply input your measurements and let us do the rest, including working out how much extra you’ll need to account for cuts and wastage.
2. Prepare the area
When applying glass tiles, it’s important to prepare the surface before you start, ensuring you have a completely flat and clean surface to attach them to.
This may add a little time to your DIY project, but it’s actually one of the most important steps, so not one to be missed. Smooth down bumps, fill in cracks and give the surface a good dust and wipe before you get cracking to make sure your adhesive fully takes. You may also want to apply a primer to give your glass tiles stronger adhesion, making sure they stay in place for years.
3. Get the levels right
Using mirror tiles on a wall can be a great way to elongate a space, but in order for this to be most effective, you need to lay your tiles straight. To do this, use a spirit level (the ruler with bubbles) to find the true level of your walls both vertically and horizontally. You can then use this as your guideline for laying your mirrored tiles in straight, even rows.
4. Plan your pattern beforehand
Many of our mirrored tiles come on sheets, which may lure you into a false sense of security that you don’t need to plan your pattern first.
This is a rookie mistake - whether you’re using pre-cut glass tile sheets or individual mirrored tiles, you should always do a dry run of your pattern before you begin. This will help you work out how many cuts and sheets you’ll need, as well as ensure you aren’t left with odd-looking cuts at the edges of your walls.
5. Apply your adhesive
This may sound obvious, but with translucent glass tiles and mirrored tiles, there’s a chance you’ll see the adhesive through the surface once they’re installed - this can take away from the beauty of mirrored tiles.
To minimise the potential discolouration and visibility of the adhesive, we’d recommend using a white tile adhesive
as opposed to grey. Not only will it be less visible beneath the surface, but it will also serve to better reflect light back into the room - a win-win situation.
6. Seal with grout
With a lot of mirror tiles, grouting can be seen as optional. However, if you prefer a smooth and finished look, or you’re installing them in wet areas like bathrooms and kitchens, grouting between your mirrored tiles is a must.
To minimise the visibility of grout lines, we’d suggest choosing a colour that closely matches your glass tiles like white or pale grey. Also, take care when you’re applying it to ensure the grout mixture doesn’t scratch the glass surface.
Buying mirror tiles online at Tiles Direct?
At Tiles Direct, we pride ourselves on sourcing premium products from reputable suppliers, to bring you the best value and quality with every purchase. Of course, if you find the same tiles elsewhere at a lower price, we offer a price match promise and we’ll even give you free delivery on orders over £499.
Whether you’re looking to add a touch of luxury to your kitchen splashback or create the illusion of space in a small bathroom, we’re sure you’ll find just what you need right here. Browse our complete range of mirrored tiles online today, then head to the checkout to place your order and take the first step towards bringing your design vision to life.
You can even try out our stylish mirror tiles before you buy them with our sample service! Each product features a ‘request a sample’ option, with all samples costing just 99p each.
So, what are you waiting for? Shop our complete range of mirror tiles today and, if you have any questions about any one of our products, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our expert team